Thursday, January 13, 2011

The way to a Man's heart is through his stomach... even if that Man is 3.

I'm a firm believer in fixing everything with food (this is an apparent fact when I look at my "approaching 30" ass every morning in the mirror, believe you me). Got a cold?! Have some soup! Depressed?! Have some chocolate cake!

Got a kid who woke up on the wrong side of the bed?!

Make him Blueberry Pancakes! That'll fix his wagon!

























I cannot remember where I got this recipe, but it is the BEST. You can add anything to the base recipe, and they still come out fantastic. I use overripe bananas, strawberries, blueberries... whatever is on hand that needs to get used before it spoils.

Basic Pancake Recipe

1 1/2 cups of flour
3 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1 tsp. of salt
1 tbs. of sugar
1 1/4 cups of milk
1 egg

Cook them in butter... it is the ONLY way. Then put more butter on them before you eat them. And ALWAYS use REAL maple syrup.


























See, now? Isn't that better? It's amazing what some good grub can do for someone in a funk. Now, go make someone happy! :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100%! Good food can fix everything. And, how cute is the excitement on Jack's face!!!

    ReplyDelete