Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cupcake FAIL


My husband works with a very nice girl that makes VERY delicious cupcakes. He comes home raving about her delectable treats at least once a week. "Man, she is a REALLY good baker!" he says. "She even decorated them with little flowers! Best cupcakes I've ever had!"

Well, needless to say... It fills me with rage knowing that someone makes a better cupcake than me. Talking to my girlfriend the other day she says, "Erin. You can't be serious! So what if someone makes better cupcakes than you? HE LOVES YOU! You're better than this!"

Um... no. No, I'm not! Victory will be mine! Mark my words!

And so, my journey into baking begins. I have a fire in my heart and the contest of a lifetime to win... even if I'm the only one that knows about the contest. 







Don't they look lovely? They tasted even better than they looked. Spongy, soft and chocolaty... yum!

The cake wasn't they problem, though. It was the icing. 






My first attempt at chocolate butter cream frosting ended up making these delicious little cakes look like mounds of cow poop. ugh... FAIL. The icing tasted good, however... so I might be onto something.

If at first you don't succeed, yada yada yada. I'll try again tomorrow. Thank goodness I've got an eager little taste tester living with me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment