Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My baby has cankles...

Okay. So I MIGHT occasionally look at Martha Stewart's website. And SOMETIMES, I might even enjoy it. A LOT...

I'm so lame... ugh.

Anyhoo, I saw this baby booties pattern yesterday and had to give it a go. My wee one got her immunizations, so she napped the day away and I had plenty of time. They looked easy enough...

























The pattern is two pieces. CAKE!

Except for one small problem. My baby has cankles. Yeah, she's chubby. 7 months old and still nurses in upwards of 12 times a day... I couldn't get the ankle straps to close around her fat little ankles.

SO... I improvised, and  this is what I came up with.



















They are adorable and all, but they won't stay on her feet if she's playing on the floor. I'll figure something out. So much for a quick project eh, Martha?!





Hehe...  so cute.She liked them too. Once they came off, they went right into the mouth. Maybe Martha has some tips on baby proofing the house...

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute!

    My mother-in-law wanted to buy Sydney some boots, so we went to Famous Footwear. They had the cutest pair of Bearpaws, and I was in love. The problem was that even two sizes larger than her feet wouldn't fit because of her cankles and just her cute little fat calves in general. Broke my heart. After trying on several pairs of boots that didn't fit, we settled for a pair of Adidas tennis shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww... I feel your pain, Liz. Babies are usually chubby. Why don't the shoe designers understand that? very odd.

    Anyhoo, measure Sydney's foot from big toe to heel, send me the measurement and your mailing address and I'll hook her up with some little booties. :D I think I perfected my Martha Stewart pattern "hack".

    ReplyDelete